Great Job Chris Wright

This forum enables anyone to give feedback or request further information about the IFMAR Fifth Scale World Championships.

Moderator: The A Team

Postby Al_Walker » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:55 pm

Thanks for passing on the greeting to the Australians Chris it is much appreciated. A lot of excitement and encouragement for Jeff & John Hamon when the crowd at the 8th & 10th Nationals here in Brisbane heard the news that Jeff was in 19th and John in the mid twenties. A great result for both of them so far.

Cheers Alastair
Al_Walker

Postby Rev-Up » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:07 pm

Actually I have just checked on getting up and the Quick Time file has not been posted as the hotel DSL line went down sometime during the night. It is up and running now but is crawling along for some reason. Similar problems at the track with the DSL line there. Occasionally they go down but that could be due to others plugging into them and fiddling with the IP settings so don't know why the hotel one went off during the night. Will try to catch up with things.
Large Scale since 1986
Rev-Up

Postby GTI » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:46 am

Rev-Up wrote:You obviously have a problem that I am unable to explain. We were downloding it in then Hotel Cafe and it got quite a crowd and the qualkity was there. Now I am downloading the Higher Quality one to se if there is a problem there.

On the streaming one. Are you undocking the screen for a larger one then enlarging that further?

It's a bit hard to explain what is good quality(picture wise)and what isn't unless i compare it to something else so where both on the same page so to speak.

I'm downloading the HQ version of heat 10 now and will see if it's better otherwise it could have something to do with my player.

Thanks for the updates and videos.The Tuesday vid had some nice racing action.I also read on the worlds site that some are complaining about the lack of editing in the videos,i for one would like to see as much unedited as i can,the more action the better. :mrgreen: :mrblue: :mrgreen:
Last edited by GTI on Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTI

Postby Rev-Up » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:40 am

Thanks for your support?

From what you say some people do not use their brains do they GTI. Not only do they want it for free but with icing, butter, cream and the rest of the toppings. There is a saying that give it for free and they want more.

If I am one person how can I take video, take pictures, talk to people, watch the action , report on it, downsie and place the photos, write the stuff, get the results, make them HTML run across the pits to upload then back again, eat, pee, get a tan and they want editing???? View the videos, capture them, put them in the editing program, render them until 2 am in the morning. I would dearly like to see anyone try single handed what I do. I think I only manage what I do because I have worked up to it so it is not a big shock and I know what I can do and the love of the sport.

Bear in mind I had from Saturday to Thursday a temperature, aches and pains in joints, a sore throat and for two days lost my voice. Two nights no sleep and I am still working

Like I said 'they want editing?' I doubt if those complaining about no editing will find anyone prepared to work under these conditions and not buy a plane ticket home or go on Prozac! Do they think editing happens with a magic wand? Do they believe in fairies?
Last edited by Rev-Up on Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Large Scale since 1986
Rev-Up

Postby GTI » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:04 am

Please check your PM.

Also a cold beer might help you keep cool. :mrgreen:
GTI

Postby Rev-Up » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:25 am

We have just tried to get Fosters beer at the hotel as you suggested. You know amber nectar with condensation running down the outside of the glass but they ran out (of beer that is). Honestly, I have travelled in many Countries but this hotel appears to be run on an ad hoc basis. I have always considered America was run on the basis of 'Service' which this hotel struggles to honour. The beer was the final straw, then the bar shut at 10pm with the Coffee Machine breaking down as well. Talk about Mickey Mouse. The Hilton last year for the warm up was pretty good. Ah well only a few more days to go.
Large Scale since 1986
Rev-Up

Postby GTI » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:36 am

Rev-Up wrote:We have just tried to get Fosters beer at the hotel as you suggested. You know amber nectar with condensation running down the outside of the glass but they ran out (of beer that is). Honestly, I have travelled in many Countries but this hotel appears to be run on an ad hoc basis. I have always considered America was run on the basis of 'Service' which this hotel struggles to honour. The beer was the final straw, then the bar shut at 10pm with the Coffee Machine breaking down as well. Talk about Mickey Mouse. The Hilton last year for the warm up was pretty good. Ah well only a few more days to go.

Ok,there are many things we can forsake in life but the buck stops at the beer.

That is trully unacceptable,I think a riot is in order. :mrgreen: :mrblue:
GTI

Postby Smart RC » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:20 am

WOT NO BEER????? :o :o :x :x
Maybe being at home is not so bad after all, my local's full of beer.
Keep up the good work Chris
"CHEERS"
Charlie
Smart RC

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:50 am

Sounds like a Mickey Mouse affair, no beer along with all the other goings on..... ohhh dear, glad I did not make the time and commitment to travel

Things can only get better tonight. No beer on a friday night in Northern Ireland = RIOT
Sell your products or services - Online Shop Design
Brian

About the semis & the final videos

Postby jcorbett » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:48 pm

:lol: Hi to everyone,
when will be loaded in the worlds's site (http://www.1-5worlds.com/worlds2003/) the videos os the semis & the final? :?:

jcorbett

PreviousNext

Return to IFMAR Fifth Scale World Championships