2007 World Championships?

This forum enables anyone to give feedback or request further information about the IFMAR Fifth Scale World Championships.

Moderator: The A Team

Postby hassro » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:38 am

Well done to the Brissy boys they will hold a top notch meeting.

Look forward to meeting the international racers.

Cheers

Rolf
Cheers

Rolf Hasse

Keep out of HARMs way
hassro

Postby TKGTS2005 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:43 pm

hassro wrote:Well done to the Brissy boys they will hold a top notch meeting.

Look forward to meeting the international racers.

Cheers

Rolf

Yes cant wait. what is the area like there?
TKGTS2005

Postby hassro » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:02 am

Bloody HOT :mrgreen:

Actually it is in an industrial area but is not to far from Brisbane City Centre about 45min if I remember rightly.

BTW make the most of your trip and take a bit of RnR, as Queensland has some of the most beautiful places. Well Sydney is the best City but in Qld forget the Gold Coast go North to the Sunshine Coast and you can visit Steve CRIKEY Erwin and his Croc farm. Rub sholders with the rich and shameless in Noosa or head way North to the Great Barrier Reef 8) and get lost on a Dive Boat.

Oh yeah watch out for the Croc's, Box jelly fish, Stone fish, Snakes, Sea Snakes, Spiders, the local's and the drop bears. :P

Cheers

Rolf
Cheers

Rolf Hasse

Keep out of HARMs way
hassro

Postby hessel » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:06 am

Sounds good, i will definitly go to Steve Irwins Zoo. That guy's amazing.
Congratulations to the "Brissy Boys" , my campagne at the price giving ceremony in Switserland worked.....
Hessel Roskam

What is here isn't here, but just there without a "t" .....
hessel

Postby TKGTS2005 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:49 pm

hassro wrote:Bloody HOT :mrgreen:

Actually it is in an industrial area but is not to far from Brisbane City Centre about 45min if I remember rightly.

BTW make the most of your trip and take a bit of RnR, as Queensland has some of the most beautiful places. Well Sydney is the best City but in Qld forget the Gold Coast go North to the Sunshine Coast and you can visit Steve CRIKEY Erwin and his Croc farm. Rub sholders with the rich and shameless in Noosa or head way North to the Great Barrier Reef 8) and get lost on a Dive Boat.

Oh yeah watch out for the Croc's, Box jelly fish, Stone fish, Snakes, Sea Snakes, Spiders, the local's and the drop bears. :P

Cheers

Rolf

Hey, you would make a good tour guide!!!!
TKGTS2005

Postby macleod » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:18 pm

Hassro,
Who are you to call people bad sports for not wanting to host the worlds,and bagging out 1/8th scale,do you have any idea what goes into hosting a worlds,It would be great for Sydney to have put there name up but who in our club has the time and effort to run/orginise a worlds,we cant even turn up to work bees,and why should 1/8th scale do it on our behalf"they have already done a worlds and did an excellant job of it"
Good on Queensland for putting there hand up for 10th and 1/8th"and good luck to doug barber and aal the queensland boys for the work they have to do.
cheers carl
winning isnt everything,its the only thing
macleod

Postby hassro » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:17 pm

macleod wrote:Hassro,
Who are you to call people bad sports for not wanting to host the worlds,and bagging out 1/8th scale,do you have any idea what goes into hosting a worlds,It would be great for Sydney to have put there name up but who in our club has the time and effort to run/orginise a worlds,we cant even turn up to work bees,and why should 1/8th scale do it on our behalf"they have already done a worlds and did an excellant job of it"
Good on Queensland for putting there hand up for 10th and 1/8th"and good luck to doug barber and aal the queensland boys for the work they have to do.
cheers carl

Yeah I remember the 1/8th Worlds as I was apart of the club as a 1/5th scale member and if you looked at the majority of people on the team to host the 1/8th worlds back in 2001 it was our 1/5th scale boys. I can excuse your ignorance for not knowing this as you wasn't involved at that time in 1/5th racing.

I know Sydney didn't put their hand up becase it was all to hard and we don't have the commitmant or community spirit in the club sections. If you ever hear a 1/8th scaler tell you this club would be good if it wasn't for those 1/5th scale than you too would wonder how interested these guys would be in helping to hold the 1/5th worlds.

I sat in on the club meetings for the 1/8th worlds so yes I do know what is involved, again I don't remember you there.

All the best to the Brissy gang I know Doug B and the club will hold a top notch event.

Oh yeah Carl one other thing are you call me a bad sport :-? because if thats the case you really are having a bad day.

Cheers

Rolf Hasse
Cheers

Rolf Hasse

Keep out of HARMs way
hassro

Postby macleod » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:26 pm

Hi Rolf,
I dont seem to remember calling you a bad sport.
But there you are again saying we did not put our hand up because it is all too hard for us.
That is not good to say about our club,nothing is too hard we simply do not have the time or people to dedicate to hold such an event.
Anyway this should not be a forum to air peoples bitchy comments so i will say no more and maybe in future keep your thaughts for 1/8th and the club to your self.
carl
P.s did 1/8th not come down and run the nsw state titles from start to finsish with only the help of one or two 1/5th scalers.
macleod

Postby TKGTS2005 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:07 pm

macleod wrote:Hi Rolf,
I dont seem to remember calling you a bad sport.
But there you are again saying we did not put our hand up because it is all too hard for us.
That is not good to say about our club,nothing is too hard we simply do not have the time or people to dedicate to hold such an event.
Anyway this should not be a forum to air peoples bitchy comments so i will say no more and maybe in future keep your thaughts for 1/8th and the club to your self.
carl
P.s did 1/8th not come down and run the nsw state titles from start to finsish with only the help of one or two 1/5th scalers.

Hey if u lads are going to have an arguement of some sort, try to do it properly!!! :evil:
TKGTS2005

Postby macleod » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:22 pm

Hi TKGTS2005,"it must be hard to remember that name down the pub"
Thanks for your advice,
We took it onboard and sorted it out man to man outside the toy shop last nite,now i am telling my mummy and rolfys telling his.
cheers carl
macleod

PreviousNext

Return to IFMAR Fifth Scale World Championships