2007 World Championships?

This forum enables anyone to give feedback or request further information about the IFMAR Fifth Scale World Championships.

Moderator: The A Team

Postby TKGTS2005 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:28 pm

macleod wrote:Hi TKGTS2005,"it must be hard to remember that name down the pub"
Thanks for your advice,
We took it onboard and sorted it out man to man outside the toy shop last nite,now i am telling my mummy and rolfys telling his.
cheers carl

Well there u go!!! its pretty bad when a seventeen year old has to tell two people to sort out thier problems privately!! :P But as they say "Boys will be Boys!!". Also its only hard to remember if your drunk :P !! :mrgreen:
TKGTS2005

Postby Brian » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:55 pm

geee whizz I remember the problems the 2005 world had displayed on forums and that was only six months or so before the event. It is almost 1year nine months away and ozz land is falling out. Is this really a good idea to drag world block drivers half way around the world in 2007

sorry but I have to ask is this wise
Sell your products or services - Online Shop Design
Brian

Postby macleod » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:17 am

Hi Brian,
Ahh,you guys will all love it out here great place,great track,great people,"most of them british"just a shame it cost to get here these days.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers carl
and if it is timed right indy on the gold coast about the same time.
winning isnt everything,its the only thing
macleod

Postby superx » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:35 pm

Brian wrote:geee whizz I remember the problems the 2005 world had displayed on forums and that was only six months or so before the event. It is almost 1year nine months away and ozz land is falling out. Is this really a good idea to drag world block drivers half way around the world in 2007

sorry but I have to ask is this wise

Brian,

Neither of the two gentlemen arguing in this thread are from the host club in Brisbane or members of it nor do they have anything at all to do with the organising committee of the event.

Of course it would be preferred if they had their discussion about their club in private but being a public forum there's not a lot we can do.

The host club is committed to hold this event and run it professionally and we have the people keen & dedicated to put on a great world championship. We are also hosting the 2006 IFMAR 1/10th scale 200mm On Road World Championship and key people involved in organising that event will also be involved with organising the 2007 Large Scale World Championship.

Please don't base your assumptions on the event based on their posts.

What you will find is that when information regarding the event is ready to be disseminated it will be presented on an official website by the organsing committee in a professional manner and not in a public forum.
superx

Postby macleod » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:23 pm

To superx,
To put one thing straight at no time have i put down or said anything against Brisbane holding the worlds.
cheers carl
winning isnt everything,its the only thing
macleod

Postby hassro » Sun Nov 06, 2005 11:46 am

Carl and I never had a fight going on, more a mate to mate chat and yeah we cought up at Kellett's for a good old chin wag.

BTW we both have said that Brizzy will do a top job so not sure what superx has got to worry about.

As for our club we don't have the problems some on here seem to think we have it's just no one has the time to put in, to hold a Worlds event. After all we all here in NSW are busy working to pay our tax and GST to help subsidise the other States. :wink: ........oh jeez what have I said now.

Cheers

Rolf
Cheers

Rolf Hasse

Keep out of HARMs way
hassro

Postby TKGTS2005 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:47 pm

Id say just leave it at that lads. Ok :P
TKGTS2005

Queensland Australia 1/5th 2007 worlds.

Postby RJN68 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:38 am

I don't speek officially for the club this is my version.

We had the reopening of the new track and facilities last weekend and I must say that the track was "UNREAL". The amount of work that has been put into it by a number of people is stagering.

The atmosphere is great and we can't wait for the 2007 worlds, everyboby can't stop talking about it even at this early stage. The amount of passion put into the facility is a testement to the dedication of the club to host a great worlds for the 1/10th and the 1/5th.

Use this address to take you straight to our website - www.qrccra.org.au. On it you will find photos etc of the new facilities.
RJN68

Worlds link from previous post

Postby RJN68 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:47 am

Sorry that previous link may not work. You may need to go to google and type in - QRCCRA
RJN68

Postby superx » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:34 am

The link to the club website is http://www.qrccra.org.au but with no period on the end that is why the link you posted didn't work.

If people want to see images of all the upgrades that have been completed they can see them at the 200mm World Championship website at http://www.200mmifmarworlds.com

Well over $100,000 has been spent on the upgrades and the reviews from the competitors at this weeks 200mm Pre Worlds have been very encouraging.

Regards Alastair
superx

PreviousNext

Return to IFMAR Fifth Scale World Championships