Rule changes at the Worlds

This forum enables anyone to give feedback or request further information about the IFMAR Fifth Scale World Championships.

Moderator: The A Team

Postby Markus Feldmann » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:35 am

yes the problem with 8 rounds is that it should make sense to offer 8 rounds. The argument to quit 1 or 2 rounds is totally silly, since which round should you quit. usually the last 2 rounds will sort out the top 4 and so you need to do them, but do you know before? That´s more like a lottery than racing in this way. Like at the EC the best rounds for me were 1 and 3. You never know that before.
Markus Feldmann

Postby hessel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:07 pm

Kevin Murray wrote:Although I can see what some of you are saying regarding the length of time between your heats, I for one think that 8 rounds is fine as we have the time. As Sander d' Graaf said, if you don’t want to run 8 rounds, that’s fine, just run the 6. Why should everyone miss out on an extra couple of rounds just because most probably a minority, only want to run 6?

We don't come all the way to Australia to skip heats. We come to race within a reasonable timeschedule. :roll:

But like Marcus already said, you never know what will be your best oppurtunity for a good Qualification. So you have to drive them all. And 3 within 2,5 hours including race time and technical inspection is crazy.
Hessel Roskam

What is here isn't here, but just there without a "t" .....
hessel

Postby Oddified » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:27 am

Kevin Murray wrote:Well now you can have your kill switch in either location, this kind of defeats the purpose of the rule doesn’t it. Uniformity, so you know where it will be without having to look for it. At least it can only be in one of two locations. :roll:

Very true and valid point.

Clark Wohlert wrote:hi all,

fine the club sorted it out and showed its engagement from a driver point of view.
we can only hope that the desicion will be carried out by the ifmar officials then.
best regards
clark

And there i see problems....
I hope the club has had some agreement with Ifmar over this, as they don't have the authority to change rules on their own otherwise :idea:

Ian.
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Oddified

Postby jeckyl » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:02 pm

Was speaking to a friend who was an official at the IC worlds and will probably be one this time and got the impression that whats in the IFMAR rules, rules. :o

Going to go prepared for either way then I dont have to worry about it. (Probably have more trouble keeping it going than stopping it!!)

David H
jeckyl

Postby hessel » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:43 pm

Are you referring to the switch isseu?
Hessel Roskam

What is here isn't here, but just there without a "t" .....
hessel

Postby Notch » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:01 pm

So......................................back to page 1..........LOL

Do we or dont we move the kill switch ?

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
"Some people are like Slinkys..........They serve no purpose, but you have a laugh when you push them down the stairs"
Team Maximum Service Racing
RS5 T11 RDK for 2011, www.rs5-modelsport.com
www.maximumserviceracing.com
www.craigavonmcc.com
Notch

Postby jeckyl » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:57 pm

Hessel, I was. I notice that there is verification on the Worlds site so maybe the decission has not filtered down that group yet. :roll:

I dont want to cause angst so I am going to bite my tongue and pack my gear now.

David
jeckyl

Postby superx » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:22 am

jeckyl wrote:Hessel, I was. I notice that there is verification on the Worlds site so maybe the decission has not filtered down that group yet. :roll:

I dont want to cause angst so I am going to bite my tongue and pack my gear now.

David

All official announcements are made on the Worlds Website. As competitors you should check there regularly for any updates.

Innuendo and rumours as posted on this site RCTEK, other than official announcments previously posted from me as an official of the event, are just that innuendo and rumour, the people posting them have nothing at all to do with the organising committee of this event and at best are propagating second or third hand info they assume to be fact.

This forum is not an official channel of communication for the worlds, if you have a question about the World Championship please either email me as secretary of the event or post your question on the Worlds website forum http://www.5thscaleworlds.com/Forums/tabid/240/Default.aspx.

Now to reiterate what I have already posted in here twice

Competitors please note: Ignition Cutout Switch

The position and identification of the ignition cutout switch will be acceptable provided it is in accordance with any of the current Large Scale IFMAR, EFRA or AARCMCC rules.

I don't think it could be any easier or clearer, if your cutout switch is as per the EFRA rules IT IS LEGAL, if yours is per the IFMAR rules IT IS LEGAL, if yours is per the AARCMCC rules IT IS LEGAL.

Remember unless it is posted on the worlds website as an official announcement then it is not from the organising committee of the event.

This will be my last post on this site, please use the official channels of communication if you have a question, either email me as event secretary or call me and I will be happy to answer your question.

Kind Regards

Alastair Walker

Secretary of the Organising Committee
2007 IFMAR 1/5 Circuit World Championship
Email: secretary@5thscaleworlds.com
Mob: 61 0403 329 610
Phone: 61 7 3264 5293
Fax: 61 7 3264 5293

Admin Edit: As it would appear that RcTek is no longer welcome to participate in the build up to the 2007 1/5 Scale World Championship this section is now closed anyone with comments/questions please use the link above

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by superx on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
superx

Postby superx » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:26 am

double post
superx

Postby Oddified » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:24 am

That's fair enough, we'll have to wait until we're all there and call a team managers meeting to discuss/resolve all the issues. I'm sure everything will work out in the end and it'll be a great meeting :D 8)

This forum may not be the official forum for any event, but to be fair it is probably one of the most veiwed and used forums on the internet for large scale. This thread alone has had more posts and been viewed more times than the entire forum on the Worlds site... :o

Ian
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Oddified

PreviousNext

Return to IFMAR Fifth Scale World Championships