2013 Autosport show

Generally Chat about anything...

Moderator: The A Team

2013 Autosport show

Postby mike_humphreys » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37 am

In 2013 the BRCA will have a huge stand at the Autosprt show in Birmingham. There will be displays including arrive & drive race track .

Check out the BRCA website for details or look here www.autosportinternational.com
HOW CAN SOMEONE SEARCH EVERY CORNER OF THE GLOBE?
mike_humphreys

Postby Darren G » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Is there going to be any 1/5th action?
Darren G

Postby mike_humphreys » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Only a static display from what I've been told.
mike_humphreys

Postby mike_humphreys » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:34 am

I've asked if our sections can have some cars on the stand along with leaflets, stickers and catalogues from the various dealers and shops. Darren and I will also be doing some flyers with general info, club & shop web sites and the 2013 race dates and I hope to get the same sorted with Gary.

If anyone has any other ideas then just lets us know.
mike_humphreys

Postby mike_humphreys » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Both the BRCA static stand and the race track stand were very popular indeed and despite the fact that most of the cars on show were 1/10 & 1/12th scale, there was a large amount of interest in our class both on road and off road. We handed out almost all of the flyers that Darren had designed and had printed and judging by the response, there will be some new guys coming to have a look if nothing else, we didn't have any on road flyers but we gave out the BRCA book and pointed out the section details.
We have also been invited to some other events to put on some off road demo races - things are looking up so far as publicity goes but we definately need more input from the on road section.
mike_humphreys

Postby dragracer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 am

That's good news Mike.

It would certainly help if the 1/5ths could run at shows etc to show what we do.

For the last 2 years there has been a motorsport event in Crystal Palace park which is a time trial.
On both occasions our model track has had to close which is a crazy decision, we want it open, they want it open, the people who run the park say NO !.

I know how impressed I was the first time I saw a 1/5th, I run the club now !

Nick
From 1st March 2014, the Crystal Palace track will be now know as the Crystal Palace Car Club

To fast down the straights and crap round the bends, that's the life of a Dragracer.
dragracer

Return to General Chat