OnRoad PRO's Blog

Section for all BRCA news, views, suggestions etc that relate to Large Scale On Road BRCA organised racing.
Moderated by Gary Preece.

Moderator: the stig

OnRoad PRO's Blog

Postby Smart RC » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:25 pm

Please feel free to use this topic for ANY section P.R. issues/ ideas you may have.
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
Smart RC

Section PRO's report on the AGM

Postby Smart RC » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:33 pm

BRCA Largescale AGM Report

Ok here’s my first attempt at a report as Largescale Onroad PRO.. so don’t pull it to pieces right???

This years’ onroad section AGM had a similar head-count to last year, some “regulars” missing but these were replaced with quite a few “new faces” which are always welcome. It does surprise me at the low turnout to this “all-important” meeting despite the central location… don’t forget this is YOUR chance to change things so if you weren’t there DON’T go complaining all year long at meetings/ on forums!!!.

Paul has published the rule changes so EVERYONE have a read through and satisfy yourself that you understand them FULLY.. If you don’t PLEASE ASK for Clarification. One major change regards Scrutineering is that ALL Largescale Section officials will now share the scrutineering, This should help both the day progress quicker/more efficiently, and also help the racer’s as there will be more people on hand to help with any clarification of the rules, One thing I would mention as it has already been raised is Bumpers. Obviously this is a SAFETY issue, (not as has been hinted at in the past,, a scrutineer being over zealous!!). The rules state the minimum foam required to protrude.. but also add the words “where possible”. This seems to cause a “grey area” to some racers but there is no need for it to, If you turn up at a meeting claiming “oh you cant get 35mm clearance on “X” make of car combined with “Y” make of bodyshell” scrutineers WILL check to see if its possible and be prepared to get cutting if it is. Also before making a claim like this be sure no one else with a similar set-up has managed to do it otherwise your statement will fall down straight away. I’ve not seen/found a combination (on saloon cars)where the min clearance is not achievable but am willing to be shown/convinced if there is one.

Committee positions for 2008 are as follows,

Chairman, once again is Paul Jenkinson
Secretary is Chris Wright
Treasurer is Pam Jenkinson
Race Controllers are of course Pam, Paul, & Hannah Jenkinson ( who else would do it???)
Safety Officer is again “Buster” Bowen
EFRA rep is Ian Oddie
A new Chief Scrutineer in Gary Preece.. but remember ALL committee officials will be carrying out scrutineering throughout 2008..
Section PRO, well you might have guessed I was voted in for this position along with Clare Hawkins as my trusty??? Assistant PRO

Paul will publish all our contact details so if you have any issues at all please contact us!!!, This means exactly what it says. If you have issues contact a committee member!!! anyone who knows me or reads RcTek will know I will speak out on issues if I feel there is an injustice or a problem, this wont change with me being a committee member so contact me with any problems,, I DON’T want to hear the constant “niggling” going round the pits at meetings about any issues or concerns, it reflects bad on the sport and gets no-one anywhere, but please only valid concerns because you will be wasting your time pestering me with a totally unfounded problem/issue. We must try to get numbers up at meetings and for starters a “Happy” atmosphere in the pits can only help things along.

That brings me to the next issue… numbers of racers at meets, Hopefully the new 5 from 8 rounds to count will encourage people to travel ( I hope so as it was my idea and if doesn’t work I will have to admit defeat—and I hate that thought!!!). I don’t think its cost of the cars etc.. as that is cheaper than in the past, perhaps the cost of travelling deters people, perhaps the fact people have to work longer hours & weekends are factored into the working week more,, who knows I don’t???, but if you have ANY ideas to encourage more people drop me an email PLEASE???.

This year we welcome 4wd cars to the BRCA, this will perhaps be a good intro to many newcomers who find the rear wheel drive cars hard to handle?, we will have to wait and see but the relatively “straightforward & minimal” rules should help the class get off the ground so good luck to the drivers in this class.

Obviously we now have confirmation that the UK will host the 2009 Largescale Euros so this will be real “high-point” in our sections calendar. I am sure the committee will welcome any offers of help/assistance/ideas etc.. for this and the sooner-the-better. If you have any usefull contributions please contact the committee.

Acknowledgement was made at the meeting of our drivers’ excellent results at this years worlds and I am sure you all would like to congratulate Ian, David, Chris, Craig & Cormac on their brilliant achievements at such a prestigious event.

This years section award was presented to our long-suffering Race controller Paul Jenkinson for his fantastic efforts throughout the year ensuring race days ran as smooth as silk (not really.. Pam got the award last year and we thought the mantelpiece would look much better with a matching pair!!!!).

Anyway that’s all for now, except to say if anyone has any ideas for me, to help raise our profile as a section please email me in confidence (then I can “steal” any good/useful ideas and claim all the credit myself!!)!

Charlie
BRCA Largescale Onroad Section PRO
[/u]
"Understeer" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"Oversteer" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"Horsepower" is how fast you hit the fence.
"Torque" is how far you take the fence with you.
Smart RC

Return to BRCA LSC On Road