2013 proposals

Section for all BRCA news, views, suggestions etc that relate to Large Scale On Road BRCA organised racing.
Moderated by Gary Preece.

Moderator: the stig

Postby wayde » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:12 pm

This looks hard work.forget all the ifs and buts.lets just decided how meny tyres we gonna use on race day.simple.if its one pair less than normal.that's a start of saveing money.simple a x
wayde

Postby wayde » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Gonna be sending Ian a pair of tyres to see if he can oddiefi them lol :D :D :D :P :P :P
wayde

Postby jim jones » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:52 pm

wayde wrote:This looks hard work.forget all the ifs and buts.lets just decided how meny tyres we gonna use on race day.simple.if its one pair less than normal.that's a start of saveing money.simple a x

EXACTLY :D

if it saves some cash and levels the playing field a bit , why not.
jim jones

Postby mark_s » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 pm

lets through this one in to the pot
there are currently 2 main tyre makes

use one compound from each company
maximum number of pairs allowed for practice and racing
for example 5 pairs in total 10 tyres you can if you wish use 9 from company A and 1 from company B if you so wished or any amount totaling 10 tyres

checking the tyres
ALL drivers write there BRCA no. inside the tyres and take them to scrutoneering on saturaday morning (or when they arrive at if this is after practice as started) to be marked in whatever way they decide on the day and at this point they pay there £10 saturday fee too ( this cuts out the non paying few that come down for saturday practice and dont race on the sunday)(this works in the electric section or it did a few years ago)

No drivers allowed on the track before 12noon saturday as it used to be club member or not
if racers want to use friday's at there local track then why not thats what they pay there membership for

these are just some thoughts if controlled tyres are introduced in the class
mark_s

Postby Woody2 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:00 pm

why not just wait and see what EFRA do
Woody2

Postby Redline Racing » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 am

I think everything is just fine the way it is!
Why risk wrecking a well attended series!

In the on road section I don't hear any complaints about tyre costs, it's the off road section that has the most tyre issues where certain tyres are not available on race day.

Now that's Simple! ;-))
Contrast European Off Road Champions 2010
Contrast On Road World Champions 2012
www.contrast-racing.co.uk
Redline Racing

Postby Lone_Ranger » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:13 am

Woody2 wrote:why not just wait and see what EFRA do

Why keep following EFRA, nobody in the UK got minds of their own ? ?

Just make rules that work for HERE and help the Hobby grow, never mind what someone in another country says that has no concept of what is needed here ! !

For every one in the "elite boys club" there are probably at least 20 1/5 scalers out there that don`t want all the crazy rules of homologated body shells and exhausts and engine sizes etc, etc and would love to have a Saturday or Sunday race day ! !

I do engines, once upon a day around 80% of my work went to people in organised racing all over the world, now it is 95% to people who just run around parking lots, there is a whole bunch of them not far from me that meet most Saturdays on an Industrial Estate, usually around 20~25 of them, they have turned the clock back and just turn up, set up a track with the old sand filled fire hoses and just run races till everyone has had enough for the day and they pack up and go home, brings back memories of how 1/5 scale started years ago.

They aren`t a "rabble", they are pretty well organised and do have some simple rules regarding safety and noise, as far as I know no accidents and everybody gets on well, I`ve supplied quite a few of the engines so know most of them and I`ve tried a few times to get them to go to a BRCA meeting and see how it`s done with proper lap counting, transponders, points etc, etc but the response I got was "been there, wasn`t made welcome, got looked down on cos I had a Chinese RTR car and told I couldn`t run it" :( :(

Telling prospective newcomers they have to spend at least £2,000~£3,000 to be able to race with the BRCA is the fastest way to keep numbers down I have ever heard of ! !
They run £450~£650 Chinese RTR out the box, buy £59 quid Rovan "long Block" engines that I have to "fettle" and on "race day" they all chuck a few quid in a kitty and someone phones the local Pizza takeaway.
Great fun is had by all and they turn up week after week after week, rain hail or shine and yes, they do take a pride in their cars, they are not "sheds" ! !

Why oh why don`t the BRCA go out of their way to provide a level of racing for them ? ? Does it have to be expensive European made cars, can`t you all have a class just for the "locals" at each BRCA meeting that has nothing to do with BRCA points etc, they would be much happier with prizes rather than trophies and points, can`t drink or eat those :D :D
Beer and Pizzas go down well from what I`ve seen :D :D :D

Be nice to see the qualifying for the "big boys" done on the Saturday and lots of fun racing Sunday by the guys with the "cheapo" cars finishing off with the highlight of the day would be the BRCA Big Finals :D :D

Anyway, not likely to happen, just a bit of a "pipe dream" really, loads of ideas but nothing will ever come of them, hope I`m totally wrong and it does happen, would love to see it thriving again like the old days :D :D :D
Rob Lochier
ALRO Racing Systems
Engine Tuning/Repairs/Servicing

Quote:- "It`s only Toy Cars really"!!
Lone_Ranger
Mr. Alro Racing
Mr. Alro Racing

Postby Oddified » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 am

Efra have a rule which limits the pairs of tyres allowed for qualifying at Gp's. We also have a proposal for this years agm to amend that so it takes into account the amount of qualifying rounds.

Once that's working i suspect we'll then see that at European Championships, then further along a controlled tyre issued from a compound to drivers which eliminates 'special team tyres' (or at least the accusations which is just as damaging to the sport) and would allow the banning of tyre additives.

If any of that is really feasible at a Brca championship is questionable though :-? . On one hand the cost of racing does have a huge effect on the numbers racing at Brca meetings, but on the other hand getting bogged down with rules and regs also puts people off. A racer on a true budget might not have any new tyres at all during a meeting and restricting the number of worn out tyres he can use out of his box isn't going to help him at all!.

In my mind the better direction for the brca would be to only allow a nominated tyre for the gts class, and one that is cheap and lasts a long time. Inevitably it won't be the best tyre or the quickest but if everyone in the class is on the same it doesn't matter. That would make the gts class what it was aimed at originaly and is easy to apply/enforce.

Ian
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Oddified

Postby CARB » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks Ian
CARB
CARB

Postby jim jones » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Oddified wrote:In my mind the better direction for the brca would be to only allow a nominated tyre for the gts class, and one that is cheap and lasts a long time. Inevitably it won't be the best tyre or the quickest but if everyone in the class is on the same it doesn't matter. That would make the gts class what it was aimed at originaly and is easy to apply/enforce.

Sounds like a great idea, PMT Stratus springs to mind!!!!
The GTS class has been excellent this year, but in reality just an extension of the saloon class, same cars, tyres etc and costs. I’m sure there will be plenty of drivers up for this kind of challenge.
jim jones

PreviousNext

Return to BRCA LSC On Road