2013 Championship

Section for all BRCA news, views, suggestions etc that relate to Large Scale On Road BRCA organised racing.
Moderated by Gary Preece.

Moderator: the stig

Postby wayde » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:03 pm

Had anouther think....nop not me x
wayde

Postby mike_humphreys » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:25 pm

I've not raced on roads for a while so some may say I shouldn't poke my oar in for that reason, aside from the fact I couldn't afford to go Craigavon, I'd like to go AND can see the value of the members over there. So I'm going poke it in anyway because I don't like to see the section like this.

6 rounds were voted in with 4 to count - no problem there.

Right or wrong Craigavon was voted off the calendar.

Some say "i don't want to go to Ireland" - fine don't go, those that would/do want to go -will.

People think that if Ireland is on the calendar that numbers will drop, the only thing for certain is that if Ireland isn't on the calendar - numbers will drop.

If you have the round at Craigavon and made it 7 with 4 to count, those who wouldn't go will still have the same number of rounds available plus there would be the crowd from Craigavon over to keep the numbers up.

The section needs to survive even if there are only a few go to Ireland I think it would be for the best.
HOW CAN SOMEONE SEARCH EVERY CORNER OF THE GLOBE?
mike_humphreys

Postby Notch » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 pm

At last. Someone with a comment that makes sense.
Just very surprised it was you Mike ha ha ha

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Some people are like Slinkys..........They serve no purpose, but you have a laugh when you push them down the stairs"
Team Maximum Service Racing
RS5 T11 RDK for 2011, www.rs5-modelsport.com
www.maximumserviceracing.com
www.craigavonmcc.com
Notch

Postby CARB » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:30 pm

So are we saying that the round should re instated. If yes then this is a vote of no confidence in the committee as any future decisions made by the dully elected committee members elected by the members will be up for change not by the due process at the AGM but by posts here on rctek or another place.

Putting our cards on the table who is going to propose the vote and then suffer the consequences of the section being disbanded if a new committe can not being elected and then subsequently always being in fear of being over ruled by comments here on rctek anon in fidatum.

This is no longer about the round but in trusting the decisions made by the committee that was elected to do the best for the section if we do not believe that is the case then the committee can not function in the best interest of the overall section

This is the real situation so now come forward to propose the vote or let the committe continue and do the job they were elected to do
CARB

Postby mike_humphreys » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Neale, it sounds like you want the committee to fail.

Please don't twist what is genuine concern for the section.

Everyone can make mistakes, a single person or a committee.

There is a simple solution to this which admitteldy wouldn't please every one but it would save the numbers, get rid of any ill feeling and I hope, let the section continue to grow.

The committe is made up of people who do/should do whats best for everyone, it doesn't need replacing.

@ Nick.... Get stuffed! lol
mike_humphreys

Postby Notch » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Thanks Mike

Nice coffee by the way lol
"Some people are like Slinkys..........They serve no purpose, but you have a laugh when you push them down the stairs"
Team Maximum Service Racing
RS5 T11 RDK for 2011, www.rs5-modelsport.com
www.maximumserviceracing.com
www.craigavonmcc.com
Notch

Postby biggeo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:34 pm

neale the elected commitee can make a change if they feel its represents the best intrest of the racers i agree with mike add craigavon to the calander and have 4 from 7 to count as i suggested some 6 or 7 pages back (you dont have to attend) or do you as has already been posted want the commitee to fail as the saying goes you cant please all the people all the time

geo
drive it like you stole it
biggeo

Postby CARB » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Sorry mike you are wrong this is about trust in the committee and no I do not want the committee to fail or the section for that matter.

Why do the people that want the round reinstated just say so up front and then go about it in the proper manner

I have no axe to grind either way I would not go and I do not have any personnel reason either as to it

Just that no one has said get it re instated even your post went around the houses and avoided asking the question will the committee re instate the round YEs or NO

There is a bigger picture here as I have tried to explain in my previous post as for me the matter is closed
CARB

Postby biggeo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:48 pm

as per normal neale you dont read posts or who writes them both myself and mike stated we think it should be reinstated and i have no ulterior motives because i wont go to craigavon, but i wont go to brookland,mendip,cotswold or adur if its on the callender either

geo
drive it like you stole it
biggeo

Postby mike_humphreys » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Neale, have you read any of the posts on this thread?

Why do you think that the decision chance has not gone down that well? It's because a good chunk of the people either want to go to Ireland or can see the damage that not going would cause.

The committee are human (ok I'm not sure about Woody but what can you do :wink: ) the will do things right, wrong and make mistakes but unless you're aware of a way make some perfect 100% unbias machine that doesn't drop the ball occationally, they're all we've got.
mike_humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to BRCA LSC On Road