2013 Championship

Section for all BRCA news, views, suggestions etc that relate to Large Scale On Road BRCA organised racing.
Moderated by Gary Preece.

Moderator: the stig

Postby Woody2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Mike i thought u was asked to book 11 places for the worlds. why did u go for just 7
Woody2

Postby mike_humphreys » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Woody2 wrote:Mike i thought u was asked to book 11 places for the worlds. why did u go for just 7

First of all, I was asked by the chairman to try and get 10 places - I believe it was 11 but someone pulled out.

I asked for 10 but as you are no doubt aware with all your years of experience, the EFRA block should in theory only get 40 places as a whole at a World championship meeting. With all the countries within EFRA wanting places, it wasn't possible (at this time) to get the full allocation. Think yourselves lucky were only lost 3 places because Holland and Germanys request of 25 places each were cut by almost half and with the exception of those countries with only 1 or 2 places, EVERY country had it's request cut down.

As I've mention on a couple of posts on here, there is a chance that we could get some more places around May time but this would depend on numbers required by other blocks and the BRCA calendar mustn't clash with EFRA GP dates.
HOW CAN SOMEONE SEARCH EVERY CORNER OF THE GLOBE?
mike_humphreys

Postby Woody2 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Thank you Mike
Woody2

Postby Oddified » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:18 am

How could it be a committee decision if not all the committee were asked :?: :idea: :-?

Ian
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Oddified

Postby the stig » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 pm

mike_humphreys wrote:
Woody2 wrote:Mike i thought u was asked to book 11 places for the worlds. why did u go for just 7

First of all, I was asked by the chairman to try and get 10 places - I believe it was 11 but someone pulled out.

At the agm we asked for 11 places Jim Jones cancelled so i asked for 10

not having a go at anybody just correcting the post
Gary Preece
BRCA LS Chairman
the stig

Previous

Return to BRCA LSC On Road