2013 Championship

Section for all BRCA news, views, suggestions etc that relate to Large Scale On Road BRCA organised racing.
Moderated by Gary Preece.

Moderator: the stig

Postby Pog Ma Thon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:19 am

Oddified wrote:
jim jones wrote:We have a championship for the first time in 10years that no-one can predict the outcome.

Realistically it's longer than that :idea: , David's won 5 years in a row now, before that i won 11 years in a row and in the years before that it was between Steve Leak, Tony Rees and myself. So in about 20 years of large scale in the uk there's only been 4 different championship winners. So who's going to be next :!: :?: :mrgreen: :mrblue:

Ian

Whoever can do the most Rounds....i.e. the people who are closest to the tracks that were picked...

Oh and Jim what I mean is if Brookland was in the same position Craigavon was and treated like the 'black sheep of the family' then you would be thinking and saying very differently.

Also Gary, nice post.
I am not denying what is obviously positive steps you, bab's, trevor and others have made within the BRCA to improve numbers. Yes part of it was the timing of the World Championships in France. But generally a prettty damn good job has been done.
That, however, is not going to stop me or whoever else making point after point of what a bad decision has been made by the committee and you in declining Craigavon.

Also yes its obvious it is hard to get people in general, never mind the 'perfect' people, to fill committee positions within the BRCA Large Scale Section. But that doesn't mean that those involved in the committee, aren't going to make decisions (or want to) to suit their personal needs.
You said yourself that you would be happy having all BRCA Rounds in Wombwell...Surely says it all?

At the end of the day complete hypocrisy has happened by decisions made and its sad, angry and disappointing!
Cormac Wyatt
Team Maximum Service Racing
RS5 T10 RDK www.rs5-modelsport.com
www.maximumserviceracing.com
www.craigavonmcc.co.uk
Pog Ma Thon

Postby mike_humphreys » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:37 am

Notch wrote:Mike. You have nearly named every racer ha ha ha..............

I'm just hedging my bets.
HOW CAN SOMEONE SEARCH EVERY CORNER OF THE GLOBE?
mike_humphreys

Postby Redline Racing » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:07 am

You forgot me Mike! :evil:
Surely I am in with a chance, get good money If i were to win it! :wink:
Contrast European Off Road Champions 2010
Contrast On Road World Champions 2012
www.contrast-racing.co.uk
Redline Racing

Postby wayde » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:55 pm

I was not going to get involved in this..but brocklands got changed 4 weeks before it was on.did we all moan yes we did but not on hear.and we went to the AGM.to make sure it was on for this year.so god sack give it a rest and get on wid it .if the new committee mess up U can have a laugh on them if they get half right .then that's fine but give them a chance for gods sake.this ant doing any body any good bill. :evil:
wayde

Postby jim jones » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Pog Ma Thon wrote:Whoever can do the most Rounds....i.e. the people who are closest to the tracks that were picked...

Oh and Jim what I mean is if Brookland was in the same position Craigavon was and treated like the 'black sheep of the family' then you would be thinking and saying very differently.

I have to disagree with both points cormac, i think the best driver will win regardless of tracks, and as brooklands wasn't on this years calendar and Craigavon was, it seems like an odd argument to start.

Ian, crongrats to all you well earnt titles, unfortunately Ive only been doing BRCA for 10 years and thats all i could remember. :roll:

Mike, spot on mate, anyone of those drivers is in with a shout. :)

Mark, have just checked BET Victor and no odds on you yet, but have put a £1 to one side just in case. :D
jim jones

Postby wayde » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 pm

I was not going to get involved in this..but brocklands got changed 4 weeks before it was on.did we all moan yes we did but not on hear.and we went to the AGM.to make sure it was on for this year.so god sack give it a rest and get on wid it .if the new committee mess up U can have a laugh on them if they get half right .then that's fine but give them a chance for gods sake.this ant doing any body any good bill.

:evil:
wayde

Postby Oddified » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 pm

To be fair Bill, Brooklands last year wasn't quite the same. Brooklands lost it's round of the championship because the brca couldn't afford to host an event there without loosing money (because of the track charges), and whilst it didn't please many people it was a justifiable reason which people accepted :idea:

There is no justifiable reason not to go to Craigavon and that's why it's got to 10 pages on here and numerous places on facebook etc.

Ian
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Oddified

Postby wayde » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Any way besides ..that how's me engine coming on MATE MATE DONT make it go slower.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wayde

Postby CARB » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:51 pm

The decision has been made it is off the calendar rightly or wrongly, if you want it reinstated, vote in a new committee ?

So who wants to stand for chairman etc etc

No takers then this should end now
CARB

Postby wayde » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Not me to much for me x
wayde

PreviousNext

Return to BRCA LSC On Road