large scale on road

Section for all BRCA news, views, suggestions etc that relate to Large Scale On Road BRCA organised racing.
Moderated by Gary Preece.

Moderator: the stig

large scale on road

Postby CARB » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 pm

hi there
I know this will seem unusual and some will cry out we like our weekend away, but in desperate times call for desperate measures.

Stop the Saturday practice is the idea, the reason for this is to

A. stop the need to have a whole weekend away which for family people is difficult or people that work on a Saturday.

B. make it even for everyone as to only having one hour on Sunday to practice, which saves money on tyres for everyone.

C. this will also help clubs as if you need to practice then you go to your local club and use the circuit or attend local club meetings.

D.most tracks are just about driving distance to get to on the Sunday morning, early start I know or open the circuit for camping on Saturday but no access to the track, even if you are a club member.

this how the full size meetings run so if we are serious about reducing the cost, (which I feel a few are not worried about and that will knock this idea) and that does not mean new classes or buying new cars to run in a one make class then this is a way, not perfect for everyone but do we cater for the average or the above average that can spend all Saturday on the track till it us dark chasing that last one percent of set up.

Neale
Last edited by CARB on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CARB

Postby Darren G » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:49 am

Good idea if
1, you live in the mainland
2, you can race on a Sunday which I don't

I'm sure there is more point but I'm too tired to think.
Darren G

Postby Woody2 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:52 am

There is allways some one who ant got a clue
Woody2

Postby Pog Ma Thon » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:38 am

Actually a good idea!
Cormac Wyatt
Team Maximum Service Racing
RS5 T10 RDK www.rs5-modelsport.com
www.maximumserviceracing.com
www.craigavonmcc.co.uk
Pog Ma Thon