PB racing Apollo car? Picture heavy

Please feel free to post general questions about remote controlled model cars

Moderator: The A Team

PB racing Apollo car? Picture heavy

Postby jstguk » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:15 pm

dug out an old rc car the other day and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to what it is? im pretty certain its an apollo, what i know there was about 5 different apollo models.Just wondering if this one seems to have all of the original bits still intact? and if anyone knows which specific model it is?

jstguk

Postby RcTek » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I asked Callum McGillivray, who was the last person to run PB Racing who also raced Apollos, and his answer is below.

It's an early Apollo, but the front and rear are modified. The later Apollos had a Diamond style bridge for the rear body/spoiler mount and the front had a different top wishbone and chassis brace. The centre (engine) chassis brace is added, none of mine had this part

The one person who should definitely tell you, Keith Plested, doesn't seem to have much free time these days as his wife is quite ill, but you could try.

Daz
Hmm...
RcTek
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dragracer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am

What a little gem.
There is now a growing interest in vintage RC, I know there are web sites out there but can't remember where, have a good browse around
Nick
From 1st March 2014, the Crystal Palace track will be now know as the Crystal Palace Car Club

To fast down the straights and crap round the bends, that's the life of a Dragracer.
dragracer

Return to Other Scale Questions