Servo connections direct to battery

Please post large scale car & truck related questions in this section.

Moderator: The A Team

Postby Radical Ron » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:19 pm

What is the exact type transmitter you have, you probably can simply reverse the servo movement on you tx.
Ron v D
I'm not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.....so don't blame the Dutch guy!
Check out off-roader
Radical Ron

Postby Daytona7 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 10:32 pm

Transmitter is a Futaba PCM 1024. Tried to plug all three servos into the receiver, steering, throttle and hydros but the 3rd channel hydro not working. Probable doing something wrong with the setup. Too cheap to get a new radio since the holidays are getting too close.
Daytona7

RE-SETTING UP 3rd CHANNEL

Postby SLIPSTREAM » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:04 am

HI TO BE ABLE TO USE THE 3rd CHANNEL SAY FOR FRONT BRAKES YOU HAVE TO PROGRAMME YOUR TRANSMITTER TO MAKE THE THROTTLE/BRAKE SERVO AS THE MASTER SERVO AND THE FRONT BRAKE SERVO AS THE SLAVE SERVO ,THE SERVO"S STILL WORK TOGETHER BUT YOU CAN ASSIGN THE FRONT BRAKE SERVO TO A SPARE SWITCH ON THE TRANNY SAY A KNOB WHICH THEN CAN BE USED AS A DEDICATED BRAKE ADJUSTMENT FOR FRONT BRAKE ONLY .NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE THIS FACLITY ON YOUR TRANNY BUT THATS THE SET UP ON A 3CV (GET ONE THERE BRILLIANT)
SLIPSTREAM

Postby 3MTAE » Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:33 am

Hi Rob, I tried this and burnt out my Multiplex steering servo.. it only turn left now.
Not sure what I did wrong. Ordered a new server and now am worried
to try this again.
** My FG Photo Gallery **

"For it is through sportmanship that radio controlled model car racing will continue growing to the position it so richly deserves."
-George Siposs 1972
3MTAE

Postby stampeder1 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:21 pm

How would I wire 1 steering servo and 1 throttle servo directly to the rx battery? Thanks

btw: this setup is for a marder. The steering servo is a digital hitec.

Edit: Please can someone help me? I already broke one hitec 1/4 and I don't want to break another. Do I just connect one female end of the Y connecter to the battery and the other one to the servo?
stampeder1

Re: My wiring...

Postby Turbo Boss » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:33 pm

Viper wrote:Hey there,just wanted to share my wiring system. Most only run the steering servo's directly from the battery, or have 2 powered lead running to the receiver. ine has only one power-cable to the receiver (on the batt. connection) and all 4 servo's (dual steering & 1 gas/front brake + 1 rear brake) directly from the battery.
It can be found here: gallery/image_page.php?album_id=79&image_id=178

I think the wiring method from VIPER is OK

gallery/image_page.php?album_id=79&image_id=178
Turbo Boss

Postby Turbo Boss » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:37 am

with the better modern non BEC Rx, as supplied with the 3VC set, there is no such circuit, if you put 6v into the batt socket then 6 volt will be supplied to the servos, what is the issue though with this set up is that during testing I managed to record a figure of nearly 3 amps current draw when all 3 servos in my car where in use, ie simulating full braking while turning into a corner, this is in my opinion far too much for the small tracks on the PCB and also the SMD in the Rx.

So if I install a Venom Fail Safe between the RX and the Throttle servo, Do the throttle servo will still get 6Volts??? I asume the Fail Safe unit just get power from the same Black and Red servo wires and only drive the SIGNAL wire to send the servo to low in case of signal loss or low battery......But there is not power loss so the servo will still get 6V.
What you think?

About the issue on the small track on the RX PCB, maybe you can reinforce that part with a wire and solder to make thicker the PCB track

The high current (Amperes) drawn by the more powerful servos like Digital types, big HiTech types and the Tonegawa can cause damage to the receiver so wiring the servos so they can draw the high current they need direct from the battery is a safegaurd for your receiver!

I was thinking that maybe I can install a bigguer capacitor on the RX so for example when I brake hard that two servos need more amp/voltage the capacitor can deliver that extra juice. What you think??? What will be a good Micro Farad value for that Capacitor???

Isaac
Turbo Boss

Postby TTR » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:57 am

Hi guy's,
Check out my gallery for the newly released Direct Servo Attachment.

Cheers.
TTR
HARM-ful Racing
TTR

fail-safe for throttle & stop eng.

Postby kwlyau1028 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:31 pm

Hi Ron,
I have saw the diagram post by you explain how to use fail-safe to connect to eng and throttle.
What type of fail-safe have wiring to the eng.
But I don't know how it works to stop the eng. while the tx single missing.
I just crashed my MT5 cause the battery socket wiring broken by the eng.
virbration.
Thanks your explain and help for big rc model car problems.

Francis.
kwlyau1028

Postby Shumacher1989 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:45 pm

why do you need to wire straight to the battery unless you run a tonegawa
GO! GO! GO!
Shumacher1989

PreviousNext

Return to Large Scale Questions