When is the 2012 Ulster TT?

Please post large scale car & truck related questions in this section.

Moderator: The A Team

When is the 2012 Ulster TT?

Postby RS5PoisonClan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 pm

The club site is still under construction. Interested in attending but have to coordinate with September back to school obligations with the kiddies.

Someone please advise if they know. Cormac, Nick, Dan??

Thanks,

Hugh
RS5PoisonClan

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:18 pm

hello,

ulster-tt is usually on in september,a good event for sure,NOT sure what's happening there at the club at the moment rumours has it that it's been turned in to a bike club only,can't say for sure cause i havn't raced there sinse the ulster-TT so i can't comment. i don't be online much to follow the club banter so you would be better off asking somebody who races at the club more frequent.

p.s hope the engine went good :wink:
Dan

Postby RS5PoisonClan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks Dan!

Maybe Cormac and Nick might have news. I believe they raced there late March. I'll stay tuned.

The engine's a screamer Dan, crazy fast! When do you propose I should send it back to Ian Oddie for a touch up? Once I got it from you, I put in three 10 minute qualifying rounds and a 20 minute main into it.

Thanks,

Hugh
RS5PoisonClan

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:33 pm

yeah hugh that's a good engine,i got some good results for 2011 with that,2 3rd place finishes one at the GP and other at TT, and some decent club race days too with it,that engine needs nothing only a ring change,anything else you can order for it from ian,unless you don't do any engine work yourself then you would need to send it back soon.

you need to send ecu back too to change it to your own name,in fairness it's a nice combo that samba pipe and oddified engine/ecu,good

p.s hugh,

make sure you use good oil @ 150mill -5 liter ratio as you probably know yourself,just to remind you.

actually hugh,you don't need to touch that engine unless you have 5hours on it sinse i sold it to you,then it would only be a ring change which is simple,remember when you do open it the engine don't use a head gasket,you must use the BLUE RTV loctight sealer only a small bead around the head and your good to go,leave it overnight to set,it had everything just done with IAN before i sent it to you anyway so i doubt you even need a ring change already,you won't need to touch anything at all for a long time on that.....
Last edited by Dan on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan

Postby TJHooker » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:41 pm

This years Ulster TT will be held on the 8th and 9th of September.

This 'rumour' that the club has become a bike only club is completely false. We are still racing both bikes and cars and entries in both classes are continuing to grow all the time.

The club website will be updated within the next few weeks.

At the moment the 2012 race calender can be found on the club home page.

http://www.craigavonmcc.co.uk/
TJHooker

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:44 pm

TJHooker wrote:This years Ulster TT will be held on the 8th and 9th of September.

This 'rumour' that the club has become a bike only club is completely false. We are still racing both bikes and cars and entries in both classes are continuing to grow all the time.

well that's good to know,i didn't believe it either cause cmcc has had a large saloon following for years,why would it change now.......
so it's still the same then both running bikes and cars,hugh you should make the trip sometime to run on the track
Dan

Postby Pog Ma Thon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:49 pm

Dan wrote:
TJHooker wrote:This years Ulster TT will be held on the 8th and 9th of September.

well that's good to know,i didn't believe it either cause cmcc has had a large saloon following for years,why would it change now.......
so it's still the same then both running bikes and cars,hugh you should make the trip sometime to run on the track

The rumour the 'club has been turned into a bike only club' and 'i can't comment' completely contradict eachother!

As TJ confirms it is COMPLETELY FALSE!!!!

The whole club is still up and running, both bike and saloon classes are strong and growing! :)

A can only say what i know and that a website is under construction (by myself). The 2012 Ulster TT is fully on and more info will be released soon! :)

Regards
Cormac
Cormac Wyatt
Team Maximum Service Racing
RS5 T10 RDK www.rs5-modelsport.com
www.maximumserviceracing.com
www.craigavonmcc.co.uk
Pog Ma Thon

Postby Dan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:34 pm

hugh what did you think of the samba pipe? :D
Dan

Postby Darren G » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:39 pm

just to say Dan the oil should be 200 ml per 5l this is what Ian Oddie recommends :D
Darren G

Postby Dan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:43 am

depends on oil Darren,a lot of racers now are using 150mill to 200 with the top fully synthetic oils.
Dan

Next

Return to Large Scale Questions