hi guys help cutoms charges i shouldnt have or seller

Please post large scale car & truck related questions in this section.

Moderator: The A Team

hi guys help cutoms charges i shouldnt have or seller

Postby contrast-owner » Mon May 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi guys sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question topic, if so please feel free to delete it, hope it doesnt go against any rules of the site.

i bought something well won something on ebay from america but now have been told i have to pay £34 in customs and handling fees, is this my responibility to pay or of the seller of the item?

be great to hear peoples thoughts i know its not to do with cars but its something i bought for my rc car, so hopefully it can help other people if thay have same problem and read this.

thanks very much
contrast-owner

Postby contrast-owner » Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 pm

just thought id ask and get peoples opinion because the guys a nice guy hes being very understanding at the moment i just didnt want to wrongly ask him if hed mind paying if its my responilitiy and fault for not checking. Or if it isnt for me to pay etc.
so ya guys cool whos sold it to me so dont want it to seem like im having a moan lol

thanks guys
contrast-owner

Postby Just_a_BRCA_Member » Mon May 21, 2012 7:15 pm

Hi I get load of kit from the USA / China etc.
i 80% of the itme i dont have any fees to pay.
as you can get the seller to make the item as a gift or sample)

Also unless the seller has agreed to pay it then i am sorry to say it up to you to pay it.

If you dont pay it then its will ither get sent back (you will get the bill for that) or it will be destroyed
hope that helps
Paul
Just a BRCA member now
Just_a_BRCA_Member

Postby contrast-owner » Mon May 21, 2012 7:48 pm

heey thanks for your reply, someone i know and always gives me great and advice and help has also said its upto me to pay the fees. its my fault really for assuming it would just cost delivery.

i assumed it because i've bought killer bee killswitches which have never required further fees and my brother also has bought lots of comics which haven't.
ill definatly be more careful about buying from america now.
contrast-owner

Postby Just_a_BRCA_Member » Mon May 21, 2012 7:55 pm

contrast-owner wrote:heey thanks for your reply, someone i know and always gives me great and advice and help has also said its upto me to pay the fees. its my fault really for assuming it would just cost delivery.

i assumed it because i've bought killer bee killswitches which have never required further fees and my brother also has bought lots of comics which haven't.
ill definatly be more careful about buying from america now.

Comics dont have extra fees as its printed matter

the way i look at it if you are buying it for your self then thats life but if you are buying it to sell on then put an extra 25% on the total price just incase you get hit for the tax / import duty
Paul
Just a BRCA member now
Just_a_BRCA_Member

Postby contrast-owner » Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 pm

hey yaa i was just buying it to keep for myself but now considering should i sell it on again even though i want it, i'm just annoyed with customs thinking ah look hes got a good a good deal lets slap some VAT on it disguised as handling charges.
its abit irritating because the amazing win i got on ebay has now become £34 less it was a futaba 3pm mx i won ages ago taken ages to come through, i won it for £100 but then had £13 for delivery now £34 so its adding up so its like bugger bugger. still a good buy you think though for that price
contrast-owner

Postby dragracer » Thu May 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Tis up to the buyer to pay the tax as its in your country.

Been here myself a couple of times, first time the tax had to be paid to customs and excise by cheque before items released (zenoahs).
Second time I paid the fed-ex man in cash there and then.

A law was passed last year that meant tax was now payable on EVERYTHING, that includes birthday and Xmas gifts.

If you get something without the tax then that's a result, must mean they are to busy or felt it wasn't worth the paper work
BUT
always expect to have to pay the tax, just in case.

Nick
From 1st March 2014, the Crystal Palace track will be now know as the Crystal Palace Car Club

To fast down the straights and crap round the bends, that's the life of a Dragracer.
dragracer

Postby dragracer » Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm

contrast-owner wrote:it was a futaba 3pm mx

Have you checked the frequency of it ???

I thought US stuff if on a crystal was illegal in the UK

Nick
From 1st March 2014, the Crystal Palace track will be now know as the Crystal Palace Car Club

To fast down the straights and crap round the bends, that's the life of a Dragracer.
dragracer

Postby mike_humphreys » Thu May 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Don't they use 75mhz?
HOW CAN SOMEONE SEARCH EVERY CORNER OF THE GLOBE?
mike_humphreys

Postby dragracer » Mon May 28, 2012 12:30 pm

mike_humphreys wrote:Don't they use 75mhz?

That was what I was thinking too Mike.
Maybe it has a 2.4 conversion

Nick

dragracer

Return to Large Scale Questions